Thursday, April 14, 2022

Community

 Blogger Kim from Out My Window posted a short message today on my post of a few days ago: Tried to read your new post and it is gone. Are you okay?

What Kim saw was an operator error on my part. I am writing my exit piece for Medium and went back to an early (2009) post of mine about what I write about: small moments. In opening that post in draft form, I was able to copy the text I wanted cleanly, but when I went to close it, it posted as a brand new post today.

NOPE! I goofed. So I took it down. From that long ago, it was okay to let it go. But it left an electronic trace all the same and Kim reached out. 

Community comes in many shapes and sizes. It came locally today when our Legal Clinic partnered with the Ohio Justice Bus to offer a Domestic Relations Clinic at the courthouse parking lot. I was there for almost five hours, which was about hour and a half hours more than I should have been, but I was so impressed by our attorney volunteers and their dedication that I could not leave.

And community comes in our blogosphere, when those of us who may never meet in person nonetheless follow and care about others out there. Like Kim reaching out to make sure I was okay. 

More than okay with support like that, Kim. Thank you for leading with your heart.