Friday, March 12, 2021

Long Time Passing

 I knew it had been a long time since I had posted, but I didn't realize it had been that long.

Lots to say, lots to share, but not yet. Not because I am being coy, but because the tsunami of school attendance mediations has not yet finished. The run-up has been extensive due to the devastation the pandemic has wrought on our families. The five of us who make up the Juvenile Court school team are exhausted; after today we are in the 4th quarter for the 2020-2021 year. 

Yes, we are counting weeks (10). And days (48).

I hope to be writing more regularly come later spring. About money, about retirement, about my family out west (no, even with the vaccinations, we cannot travel safely because of my overarching cancer status), about baking, about...everything.

For now, here are some loaves I made last night. The recipe still needs tweaked; it came from King Arthur Flour and you can find it here.

Catch you all later.

Last night's baking






3 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm happy to see this post. I wondered how you're doing, and will look forward to your next post. Until then, wishing you easier days.

Anonymous said...

So glad you posted! I got my first dose yesterday, and look with emotional anticipation at the day when I can hug my grandson again. It's been 14 months. Yes, I am counting.
I look forward to future posts, and to your invaluable insight. Be well.
Patricia

Out My window said...

SO nice to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing. Daughter has a huge backlog of cases in her courtroom due to the pandemic. Take care my friend.