Friday, August 28, 2020

The Stub Ends of August

 How can it be August 28 already? How can it be that I have not posted anything since the beginning of the month? 

The time has slid through my hands.

There is much more to say, but not today. August has held some hard moments, many wonderful moments, and at least one stunning surprise. 

I'll write about all that soon. For now, I'll let a few photos speak instead. Even in the late summer, blooms abound. 


Purslane in bloom

Sunflowers in bloom


Bolted Bibb lettuce in bloom



2 comments:

Laurie said...

And such lovely blooms too! Are you planning on saving seed from the lettuce?

April said...

I don't know (saving the seeds). This was shot a few weeks ago; I would have to look to see if there are still any seeds (insects and birds are plentiful!