Friday, March 20, 2020

Another 100 Words



COVID-19.

Pandemic.

My oncologist imposed lockdown: no office, no store, no visitors, no visiting.

At all.

Legal Clinic: canceled.

Poetry Night: canceled.

The Symphony's season finale: postponed.

Our library: closed.

I may take walks. Solitary or with Warren. I take my camera along.

In these strange times, being forced to slow down makes me realize how much I push myself. Even working part-time, I drive myself too hard, too long, too much.

In the evening, I do yoga. Sometimes I stop and take deep breaths just to center myself.

Breathe.

I am still here.

Breathe.

We are still here.

Breathe.

2 comments:

Out My window said...

Take care my friend. I will shut down my shop as soon as there is an active case in the county. So far we are spared. But are still vigilant.

Anonymous said...

Take care, April.
Patricia