Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Small Moment

A morning view from our deck, but not at THIS time of year! 

I have started off 2019 trying to alter my daily routine in small ways. As I have noted before, I don't make resolutions. But much like I feel during the High Holy Days, I see the changing of the calendar year as a time of reflection and self-examination.

One of the very small things I have been doing is stepping outside on our back deck, often before the sun rises, for a moment or two each morning (the moment is very short if it is raining). I stand there  in quiet appreciation that I am still here to see this day.

Line 24 of Psalm 118 comes to me as I stand there: This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I will rejoice indeed.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

That sounds like a lovely daily practice. I too, noticed the sunrise and sunset yesterday, and took a pic. Lots of pretty pinks.