Friday, July 1, 2016

Inch One Hundred Twenty-Four: July


How can it be July already? The year half over already? Spring long behind and Summer just ripening?

I think July is taking me by such surprise because I was in transit for so much of June. Between the trip out west and then a trip last week to Mayo Clinic, I was only home for one June weekend. And even that was marked by Symphony matters. All days added together, I was home for less than half of June.

No wonder I am disoriented in time and space. Perhaps July will root me once again.


The 4th of July is just a few short days away. The coneflowers and butterfly weed have exploded in fistfuls of color, foreshadowing the fireworks to come Monday night. With a nod to John Adams, my garden is once again heeding his call to celebrate Independence Day by showing "Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."




3 comments:

Laurie said...

While pouring my cup of tea this morning, I had the same thought as you... July 2nd already?! I love your colorful mix of coneflowers. I planted a patch of tiny butterfly weed seedlings last year, which I'd been nurturing, until someone who shall remain nameless mowed them. Most survived, but I don't believe I'll be getting any flowers this year. Enjoy your flowering fireworks, as well as those on the 4th!

Darla said...

Your garden is so colorful, I like flowers planted in masses like that. Hope your 4th is great, the concert will be the highlight I'm sure.

Adeline said...

Time passing by too fast! Lovely flowers you got there.